I sit here staring at my computer screen wondering what I did to deserve this torture. Being a full-time worker and a Mom sucks. I can't even describe the amount of suck that goes into it. My amazing splendiferous daughter is at home and, probably, now awake. She might even be done with breakfast and playing on the floor with Daddy. But, I wouldn't know.
I see my daughter for approximately 30 minutes before I go to work. I might change a diaper and I usually feed her. I wake up an extra hour early for work in the hopes of spending at least that 30 minutes with her. On days like today, I don't get to see her or hold her at all before I leave.
When I get home from work -- she's just down for a nap or on her way down for a nap. I may get to spend 15-20 minutes with her before she's out for 2-3 hours. Then she's up again when Mommy's cooking dinner and not available for playtime. After dinner I get to feed her a bottle, snuggle her and play with her for 1 to 2 hours before it's time to start getting her ready for bed or she's already on her way out.
This is my life Sunday evening through Friday evening... And it's breaking my heart.
1 comment:
Oh how well I remember those days. It does suck and I'm so sorry you can't spend all day every day with her. Children are a joy.
Post a Comment