My car, Rosa, hit 100K on the way home from my brother's in January. She's been running really well and she's clicked away the miles for me without a lot of hussle since I bought her in 2004. Sadly, yesterday she failed for me the first time. After getting her towed to my guys Kevin and AJ on Virginia Beach Blvd (Would you believe that I was on only an hour from taking her there before it happened) I talked things over with Kevin.
We came to the conclusion that it was the timing belt but more diagnostics were needed to confirm since the noise JUST started and then *wham* it was all over.
Regardless, I've been reading online that the timing belt is suggested between 85K-100K on the Toyota Camry. So, we'll wait and see how Rosa fairs through all of this - she's been a good car, even if I don't wash her as often as I should!
4 comments:
Damn! Can I say that here? Double damn- hope for the best!
85 THOUSAND dollars??? Or did you mean $850...?
Lisa <-- Easily Confused
Okay, nevermind! That's how many miles at which you're supposed to replace the belt. I'm a dork :-P
Lisa <--- Dork
ONOEZ! I hope that things work out for the best with the repair.
Post a Comment