I've been wanting to do some baking lately but wasn't sure what I wanted to make until I ran across a recipe for Lemon Shortbread Cookies. It wasn't exactly what I wanted to make but I had all the ingredients - that was the kicker! I thought it over and decided that I would make the standard Buttery Shortbread Cookies. From there I remembered that Corax had brought some sugar cookies dusted in curry powder to a dinner at the house one time. While I was mixing the below recipe together I threw in at least a teaspoon or two of the powder.
It smelled awesome while they were baking and I can't wait until they're cooled!
Buttery Shortbread Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
Preparation:
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually stir in flour until well blended. Spread or pat in an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30 to 40 minutes, until just lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately pierce all over with a fork. Cut into bars. Cool completely before removing from pan.
Update:
The 2 tsp didn't work. Make sure you use more like 1 Tablespoon so that you can taste the curry powder and read the instructions and don't grease your pan! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment