Sunday, September 13, 2009

Egg Bake

I repeatedly seen people pop eggs in a ramekin with other stuff and then bake them. I've never thought about doing it until recently. I made a soy sauce and garlic marinade for my tofu the other day. I liked it so much I threw some in w/ a drained can of beans. I thought, I'll figure out something to do with that...
I figured I would just puree the beans for a dip.

Fast forward to this morning.

I tasted the beans and thought they were delicious. I was also hungry. I watched a Food Network show yesterday where they did baked eggs... Well, what the hell. I used some olive oil on a shallow ramekin, spooned in some beans, broken in two eggs, dusted them with salt, pepper and a little bit of cheese. In the oven they went for 15 minutes. Too wiggly for me after 15 minutes I popped them back in for 7 more minutes.

HEAVEN.

The creaminess of the yolk with the beans is sooo good.

Go me.

2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

sounds good- and interesting and I have eggs.....

Annapants! said...

It was good, you should try it. It took me awhile to get over the idea of just cracking an egg and baking it... don't know why because it was super easy and delicious!