Wednesday, November 19, 2008

...tis the season...

It's time to start planning Christmas presents for the family and friends. I'm at a loss for what everyone needs or wants. My budget's kinda small but I think I can come up with some fairly reasonable things for everyone. Also, I need to get the mother a birthday present... wonder what she wants (hint, hint)?

I was thinking that it would be uber responsible for me to get the parents a Lowe's gift card since that would help them get little things they need for the new studio space. But, who wants to be entirely responsible! I want to get them something fun!

Also, with my long line of amazing friends I want to give everyone something for the holidays. I'm thinking that most will get truffles (homemade of course) but a select few will get something unique. I wish I were better at crocheting because two of my girlfriends would look good in a scarf a la Heywood. However, I'm not fast enough and even if I started now... only one of them would have a pot holder by Easter.

Oh, Amazon, don't let me down! Give me wise and clever ideas! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought potholders were traditional in easter baskets. Or maybe I just had a weird childhood... Anyway, I agree that your mom's gift should be something fun just for her! Something that she doesn't have to share and is perhaps sparkly...

Lisa <-- Strangely Still Anonymous

Torn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annapants! said...

My dearest and most strangely anonymous Lisa,

Wow! You got potholders for Easter? Now that I'm older, I think I can appreciate that tradition!

I will have to contemplate more on the mother's birthday gift...

cookingwithgas said...

I'm not loooooking!
:)

SuperDixieKitten said...

THANK GOD we finally decided on the tradition of only buying for the kids. It takes a lot of stress off of me.

Liquor and a nice dinner with people who are special to me... just the right size no matter what the occassion.