Thankfully, the kitchen staff had ONE extra crab cake. It was okay, but at least it was food. I was starving by the time everything came out.
I had to give up my seat at in the actual meeting rooms and eat alone in the hall. The staff kept me entertained. Brian, kept checking on me and even boxed up some extra tasty bits for me to bring to Tiste.
He also hunted down the catering staff person that kept taking my coffee mug -- it disappeared twice before he raised hell in the kitchen for me.
I would tell you about the actual awards and how great everyone looked... but, again, I wasn't able to sit with the masses and I don't really know what they talked about. I'm sure it was wonderful.

A nice light punch, needed some bubbles but was tasty. This is my second glass so it was minus the blueberries, raspberries, and slice of pear.

This was the best appetizer even though it looks hideous. They need to work on the plating. Goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, a hint of citrus and topped with fresh basil and a sliver of tomato.

The so-so crab cake with the perfectly cooked green beans.

Lemon bar with raspberry jam and cream. Two bites was enough sugar for the week!
1 comment:
we had some good green beans tonight- your dad used the words, "perfectly cooked" as well- I hate bad crab cakes, such a waste of crab when it is not that hard to make a good one.
Post a Comment