I had my follow-up visit on Monday for the Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy.
(Now that I've had the procedure I can actually remember the name and I've been throwing it around like candy.)
Anyway...
I went to the doctor's office and had my check-in. There really wasn't much to it but to talk about the surgery, that I'm feeling good and that my urine test checked out as normal. Which, I guess means that I'm not bleeding out and that they didn't shockwave something they shouldn't have, right?
The doctor would like to take some preventative measures though. He requested three labs which I won't go into detail about but suffice it to say I'm just going to stay home all day when I have to collect the samples.
From there I'll drop the samples off at the lab and they'll run tests. Then, I will have another x-ray and follow-up with the doctor to go over the results and make sure no other stones are forming.
I'm actually debating on if I even need to do this... I just want to be done with this!
I get why he wants to check it all out - first kidney stone was a BEAR in size (7mm) and he is concerned that it will happen again and be persistent. If they find out that my body is or isn't doing something then they will be able to... do what? Prevent the kidney stone? Tell me my kidney's suck?
I know I'm complaining but I'll probably do it. Can't hurt, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment