Friday, September 5, 2008

Fighting the good Fight

Many of you know that I come from a pottery community in Seagrove, NC where my parents own and operate Whynot Pottery. What you may not know is that my mom serves on the BOD for the North Carolina Pottery Center. There have been struggles and triumphs over the years since it opened. Right now, they have a lot to overcome in the way of County and State funding.

I believe that recently, County Commissioner Phil Kemp has made a very bad decision. That decision resulted in yet another news story. If you click the link above you can read the article and there is a related video, which my mom is in, regarding a few facts that Mr. Kemp seems to have forgotten... It's all highlighted in the article.

I'm disappointed to tell you that Mr. Kemp is also a NCPC Board Member and yet, blindsided this organization (NCPC) with misrepresentation of the facts to his fellow County Commissioners.

Shame on you Phil Kemp.

No comments: