Tiste and I talked, somewhat excitedly, of our plans for the future yesterday on the way home from work. We're going to start looking into exactly how many credits each of us needs to complete our Bachelors. Before leaving college Tiste completed 2 years at a 4 year school and I've completed almost enough credits for an AA in Liberal Arts.
We're considering what our options are for being able to remain in our current positions with our respective companies while attending college. Tiste was enrolled at NSU and is considering their Bachelors in Fine Arts and Graphic Design. In addition, there is a Master of Arts in Visual Studies program, which is only 33 credit hours but looks very intense as well as a Master of Arts in Media and Communication. All of this sounds like exactly what he wants to do and would actually be a joint degree from NSU & ODU.
Me... Now, I'm a bit more complicated. (Go figure, right?)
There are no classes at NSU or ODU for Non-Profit Management. What a waste! However, I looked at VWC (VA Wesleyan College) for some unknown reason to discover the have a Liberal Arts Management Program, lovingly referred to as LAMP. Hrmp! I'm not sure that I would be accepted at that school and if I were... talk about minding your Ps and Qs.
Sooo, back to me and what I should study at ODU or NSU. Art Education requires a portfolio, which I do not have and I don't forsee actually being an Art Teacher in my near or distant future. Majoring in Studio Art probably isn't an option either. I'm looking into online learning to see what I can find for Non-Profit Management but I'm not tossing out the idea of focusing on Fine Arts.
Ack!
No comments:
Post a Comment