Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Aunties

I love my Aunts; I don't tell them nearly enough.

I remember when I was little how fascinated I was with Lee's shoes (she wore high heels all the time) and Leslie was awesome because she would send us boxes of presents at random times during the year (little did we know they were belated Christmas or Birthday presents! :)

Regardless, I miss them *almost* as much as I miss my Mom. Life is so freakin' busy.

However, I dreamed about them last night. It was a pretty bittersweet dream; Mom and I were cooking at the farm then L & L came over with bottles of wine. We drank and laughed; told stories about (their mother and my namesake) Grandma Anna. I don't know if where the rest of the family was but I also am not quite sure I new if something had happened to Grandma.

(I know Grma's on my mind because I just got a note from her in the mail and the rest of it might have come on because I'm planning a girls weekend in DC with 7 friends; no boys allowed.)

With the dream came the memory of pecans Lee made for Christmas one year...

Savory Pecans
Combine 2T butter, 1T Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of salt and lots of freshly ground pepper in a saucepan. Cook over low heat for a few minutes. Spread nuts on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, turning once. Spread nuts on paper towels to cool.

... .. .

2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

those dreams are "bitterweet" I sometimes have them with my grandmother, your great grandmother- cooking and laughing- life does get too busy does it not!!??
Yea- we are all worried about your grandmother- although she is doing better.
Ma

Shortstuff said...

Hey Sweetie,

Thanks..I'm honored to be a part of your blog. Yeah, I always was a little calendar challenged. ;^) hugs and love, Aunt Les