I picked out several things to possibly read at Joel and Katie's wedding. Haven't heard back from either of them yet on which ones they were most interested in... I suppose we'll see.
Meanwhile, I've found some quotes I really like...
"Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away." - Dorothy Parker
"Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat." - Joanne Woodward
"I am a good friend to my husband. I have tried to make my marriage vows mean what they say. I show up. I listen. I try to laugh." - Anna Quindlen, A Short Guide to a Happy Life
"I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." - Rita Rudner
And one of my favs...
"Don't threaten me with love, Baby. Let's just go walking in the rain." - Billie Holiday
3 comments:
I'm with Billie!
I have to confess that the Rita Ruddner one tickles me, but probably not the best choice for a wedding where you really like the people. I'd rather go with Billie Holliday or with Anna Quindlen. Anna's one of my favorite writers. She has a wonderful way with words and is a keen observer.
Obviously, I'm stupid eggs over-easy in love... I'll still take the walk in the rain though... And, I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my practicality of love! ;p
Post a Comment