Sunday, June 28, 2009

... Art Nueva...

! Art Nueva, New Art !

Yesterday Lisa, Ted, Nathan, Tiste and I got together over at Casa del Foye and got creative. I've been looking to have art in my office for a really long time. I haven't had the opportunity to get all the girlfriends together to make art and so I decided to let that go. I talked to Lisa and Ted about doing some artwork for my office. Lisa has been on board since the beginning. Ted, Nathan and Tiste were new additions.

Tiste and I gathered supplies and picked up lunch stuff and got to the Foye's around 12:15PM. We ate, we laughed, we rocked out for a bit... and then, we got down to painting! In about 3-4 hours we had some wonderfully fun works of art. Nathan took the longest because he joined late and drew out everything he was going the paint. We waited for him to finish by watching a movie.

Anyway, I'll take pictures of all of them when I have them hung. In the meantime, Nathan's is the easiest to access.























I'm thankful to my fabulous friends for a fun afternoon of art! Not to mention, the fab results!

**UPDATED, NEW PICS**
Lisa took some photos while we were working yesterday!










Nathan at work.













Ted's alien looks like he jumped into the corner of a photo of the cosmos!













Lisa loves the swirls!













My abstract horizon. So far I'm calling it 'The Face of God' because there's an alien face in the sun. Don't know if you can see that from the picture.










Tiste's steampunk man. The eyes, they follow me!



















Lisa's other piece had an alien as well... Can you tell we're Sci-Fi geeks? :)

Our next art day will be to do art for Ted's office and after that art for Lisa and Ted's dining room. I think Tiste will do some pen and ink for our office (which he may or may not let me color)!

I kept telling everyone yesterday - I can't draw, I'm a visual artist who works with clay! You know, it's close to 100% true. I can't seem to fathom art projects much beyond clay most of the time. I'm going to do some painting though and see where that takes me. Maybe some day I'll learn how to draw.

4 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Now I am excited to see the rest!
This one is great!
You are going to have a fun office space.

Annapants! said...

Thank Mom, it was fun! I've added some pictures for your delight! :)

SuperDixieKitten said...

o0o0o0 Looks like such fun! I HATE I missed it!!!

cookingwithgas said...

you do not have to draw to paint!
I never thought I could draw either- now I do it all the time.
So what if my horse looks like a tree!
These are going to be so much fun on your walls!