Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bento 06.25.09

Two of the members of our game night are squeaking by since being laid off or retiring from Navy and neither of them are currently employed. Tiste and I decided that we would feed all our gamers (7 people) even though money is tight for us. A free meal helps here and there but more than that -- being able to share a meal 'out' helps moral.

So... Last night I cooked a spaghetti and meatball dinner. It turned out I only had to cook for 5 so I was able to freeze two portions for us for later so that worked out pretty well. There was also enough sauce and meatballs leftover for me to throw some in a bento for today.

Lisa brought over garlic bread and the two guys contributed a bag of ice and some coffee to the evening.

I would have loved to do something exciting like a nice cut of beef or something healthier with chicken... but, this was the most affordable way this week. Next time, I think I'll do rice, chicken and roasted broccoli/cauliflower.

1 comment:

cookingwithgas said...

There is nothing wrong with a good spaghetti!
Nice of you and Titse to fed everyone!