Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Here, Hold my bento...

So, this all started in 2007 when I said to my friend Corax -- I'd like to make a bento lunch. He was like, huh? And then I was like, yeah! And he said, whatever. Then Amanda said, KEEN! Amanda then became my lunch-partner-in-crime... and thus we were dubbed the 'Bento Babes' by our boss.

Well, fast forward a year and I'm still preaching the "cool" factor to some friends. Magen has recently ordered some from an inexpensive online store and I *sniff* gave away two bentos to my friend Megan. By the way, you read that correct. One is MAGen and the other is MEGan and, yes, I pronounce them differently. Megan sent me these pics last night of her lunch box she was so excited.

Anyway, so I'm celebrating a year of bentos at the end of this month... more numerous than I care to even count... 2 a day for Tiste and I... not quite but almost every work day for a year. It's change my perception on buying lunches and keeping lunch fun.

I'm thinking I need a new bag to carry my bento lunches in (hence the name of the blog) so if you have any thougts - POST 'EM!

Oh, and I think I'm going to try to remember to take pictures of the lunches again.

PS. More info about the Art of Japanese Lunchboxe: An Introduction to Bento

3 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

You had me at bag. Its all about the bag with us girls. I still love the one you gave me last year and hope to use it again soon! I read a review about it and some said it was too small- I found it was, in the words of goldylocks,
"just right" - now you have me looking forward to the offer of bento's at the show.........
Ma

SuperDixieKitten said...

I'm SO excited about trying to do the bentos. I just got confirmation that they were mailing my order today, so I should have it early next week!

My goal is to try to do one 'arts and crafts' bento a week.

Annapants! said...

Mom, I was excited to be able to make bentos for you and Dad! That was fun.

Magen, I want pics of said bentos!