I am, however, creative.
There are many times when I thought that things might change for me and I might be able to pick up the pencil and draw or the paint brush and paint... It never worked well for me no matter how much I tried, practiced or prayed. It's surprising considering how bloody talented my parents are...
Here's the funny really - I can really only conceptualize art, I can't get it out of my head. My hands can't recreate the images I see; the line never comes out right and it's always the wrong color. I have the same problem with words. I've heard that this is a form of autism; I'm not really sure and I've never researched it.
I am pretty keen on what I can do when it comes to pottery. And, oh god do I regret never having a studio. I feel very confident with clay and I wish I had more opportunity to actual build or throw pieces.
I've been in my new office since December 2007, there's no art on the walls and it's killing me. I've devised a plan that I hope will help me survive another winter in my chilly office.
Ah-ha! Art Idea
1. Look at different canvas options.
2. Devise how many I will need to have art or multiple art on EACH WALL of my office.
3. Enlist girlfriends that are creative, artistic and love wine.
a. Lisa, Amanda, Catie, Rain - asked
b. Bea, Magen - need to ask
4. Decide on formula... Would I prefer:
a. 16"x16" gallery wrapped canvas X awesome girlfriends = 6 large pieces
b. 4"x4"canvas with a metal baroque handle X awesome girlfriends + ME = 7 smaller pieces which might not cover all the wall space but maybe if everyone does 2 then that WOULD cover it.
5. Enlist Lisa to assist me in picking out colors of acrylic pants, cheap brushes and what-not.
6. Find a date that works for local girl friends for an afternoon or evening art and wine night.
7. Buy a few bottles of wine, have the girls bring some wine - maybe do a potluck too - have supplies available. Then just enjoy, have fun, be sociable and artistic!
*Oh, wait wait!! I'm just now thinking that it might be cool to get my aunts and my mother to do something too! Hmm, actually, I already have a tile from my mom. So, now I just need to touch base with my Aunt Les and Aunt Lee. Wait, what about something from the grandmothers? Too much?
Now, this is an idea. A concept. Something I REALLY want to do... So, I hope it works. I don't even care what the final end result is -- whatever it is, I'm going to hang them up!
4 comments:
Hey, it's Lisa here!
While I like both canvases, if you really want to do something like the baroque handle, you could always buy the blank canvases and add your own hardware! If you just like the handles as a hanging option, might I suggest ribbon, suede, or decorative chain? I am getting really excited about this project :-)
o0o0o0... ART project!
w00t!
I love the idea of mixing the canvases.
This project sounds like a lot of fun and I'm ready to get started!
Hey girls! I'm stoked that you're all into the project. I need to go shopping for materials so it might be awhile yet but we will do this! :)
Post a Comment