Speaking of dinner with Lisa and Ted; I was in charge of dessert. I decided since we were going with a South American theme (of super awesome food) that I would get something super yum and simple ('cause I'm a simple girl). I stopped and picked up Abuelita, Authentic Mexican Chocolate Drink and Dulce de Leche waffer cookies.
It was perfect! Not too heavy; just a simple sweet. I had forgotten that Mom used to make Abuelita when Joel and I were kids. Atleast, I think this is what she used... the taste was familiar and warm (like a good hug!). I made it with skim milk, didn't add any sugar and we split 4 servings amongst the 5 of us - Nathan, Lisa's nephew, seemed to really like it.We also had a few tasting chocolates which were an absolute treat. Ted and I shared small squares of Chocolate & Cardamon, Chocolate & Cumin, Chocolate & Anise and Chocolate & Orange.
I decided that I loved the Chocolate & Cardamon the best!!
No comments:
Post a Comment