Tiste, my beloved, and I have been dating for *almost* two years. We've been living together for just over a year. Since the divorce I haven't been keen on getting married again and Tiste is from a divorced family; marriage isn't a bad word in our house but not necessary to define our commitment to our relationship. We talked briefly around Thanksgiving about something to symbolize our relationship. Rings? Pendents? We couldn't decide... at least I thought.
While I was getting my hair cut on Saturday he wandered over to Kay Jewelers and purchased my Christmas gift. A Promise ring, and it's beautiful. I was completely surprised and giggly about it! I'm such a girl sometimes.
When I told my mom about it she asked me what the promise was; did it mean he promised to do the dishes? *LOL*
Well, Tiste and I have joked since we started dating that I only claim him on Thursdays, Sundays and every other Monday. He claims me on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and every other Saturday. Last night we were joking around about it again and he said, "You know when you get your ring back from being sized, you're going to have to claim me every day". I smiled at him and said, "Gladly".
Who needs paper?
4 comments:
very sweet and very pretty!
I will take some one who promises to do dishes any day!
Anna, what a lovely piece of news! The best I have heard in a while. I am thrilled that you and Tiste are "promised!" It's a beautiful ring... did you know that in Italy green is the color of hope? As such, I am full of hope your hopes for the future will be soon fulfilled.
Hugs, O
Very sweet. If Tiste does dishes he can come up our way. ;^)
Actually, he does dishes 98% of the time because I do 100% of the cooking! =)
Post a Comment