Well, shopping for Tiste last year was EASY. I knew he wanted an MP3 player as his CD player was dieing and, well, it's sooo 1999. *LOL*
This year has been different. I've had no clue what to get him - especially since we're staying ON BUDGET this year. I've gone back and forth on some ideas. Sadly, what I want to get him is over our designated $75-$100 budget. I wanted to get him a Nintendo DS, but if I got him that it would be 1) over budget, 2) leave no money to buy him games and 3) I don't want him to feel bad because he knows I want one too and I know he wouldn't be able to get me one.
I settled on finding a sake set made by one of the potters in Seagrove. Sadly, it was more expensive than I wanted to spend so I had to leave it where I found it. However, we stopped by two more potteries and Tom Gray happened to have some great drinking cups. I was contemplating the cups when my mom said that if I didn't get them for Tiste, she would. I know it's easier for me to come up with another idea than Mom so I let her go for it. He'll love it and I know she'll be glad to be able to mark someone off her list.
I did some online shopping today; I couldn't decide on this or that. I went back and forth but I finally settled on some things that will come in handy, he'll really appreciate AND I stayed within budget! This year we're doing Christmas in Raleigh with my brother and future sister-in-law and I'm darn excited about missing the hectic chaotic mess at Grandma's house! There he'll be opening...
Robot Chicken, Season 1 (Uncensored)
Futurama Coasters (Collectors Set & Tin)
Black Satin Sheets (He's been wanting them for ages now & I found them for under $20!)
2 Case Logic CD Binders (Because he has a mac-ton of music!)
Anvil's Black Expandable Attache (His current one is falling apart.)
Black Silicone Carrying Case (For the MP3 player he got last year.)
A Car and A/C charger (For the MP3 player he got last year.)
I'm totally stoked and proud of myself for getting that done! Not to mention that I got holiday shopping for friends done this past weekend as well. Now, I need to focus on Mom, Dad, Joel and Katie. I would say what I plan to get the 'rents but they read my blog! Joel & Katie might just get Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift cards or cash.
No comments:
Post a Comment