Sunday, December 14, 2008

Saturday 12.13.08

My friend Lisa and I had grand plans of a day of Art and Leisure. Sadly, I got a call from my mom to let me know that Grma Anna was in the hospital. Lisa is a great friend; we decided to visit one gallery where a high school friend of mine had a show and we enjoyed some amazing art before heading over to the hospital. We spent some time chatting with Grma before she sent me off with marching orders. Lisa and I picked up everything she needed bananas, books, oranges before heading over to the house to look for a radio and the cell phone charger. It was really great to have a friend with me to help me focus on just getting things done and we swiftly procured everything into one spot (sans the charger which is nowhere to be found) and got it together for my cousins to take over to the hospital later that evening.

I'm heading over to the hospital again today, I think I'll take a deck of cards also... Or, maybe Uno. Something to keep Grma entertained. Mom's coming up today and will be here for a few days. I think it's a good plan. While I'm sure Grma would be happier that we didn't "make a big deal" out of it... She's her daughter and has every right to come. That's my 2 cents on it anyway.

Lisa told me later that evening that my Grma was awesome and I agree. She's a good catch. I feel fortunate to have lived with her for a year and formed my own relationship with her.

I'm off to see her again today and I'm taking one of my birthday ballons; a unicorn! I know she'll just "love it"! *snicker*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm tickled that you're bringing her the unicorn balloon! I just hope she remembers it's there and doesn't get freaked out should she doze off and wake up to find it hovering over her bed. She's definitely a class act, your grandma!

My best to your whole dang family!

Lisa <-- Just Lisa :-)

Shortstuff said...

Hey, Thanks for checking up on the old broad. I'm glad you're there for her. We all appreciate it. hugs, Aunt Les